Our Team across Europe
What creates cohesion in a diverse, international team? We propagate and practice the following basic tenets:
- Reflecting Together on events and issues
- Ritualized Communications
- Good Guys Principle
Our story goes back 10 years when Gerard and László met during a corporate transformation project. The story continued a few years later, when they launched Authentic Organization to facilitate dialogue among people who recognize the problems that originate from mechanical organizations, and who strive for creating people – centric companies – something that has remained the cause that defines us even today.
As a true partnership between people with different perspectives, views and thinking, we now engage directly with leaders for whom people are top priority and help them bring the organic and the mechanical aspect of their companies in alignment. This is not only a nice cause that makes people happier at work; it is also very nice to the bottom line of the company.
Also, we carefully select what external organizations we partner with to deliver value to our customers. We are proud partners of CoachingOurselves, a company co-founded by professor Henry Mintzberg.
The concept of organicity
We do what we do to make work more human and meaningful. We are pioneers in introducing the principle of organicity into organizations.
According to the organic view, the right metaphor for organizations is a living entity and not a machine. Most problems companies face originate from the disconnect between the company as a machine and the organization as a living entity.
However, almost all current thinking, frameworks and methodologies are based on the machine metaphor. Everybody knows this is false, yet thinking, frameworks and methodologies based on the living entity metaphor are in short supply.
The way we work
We understand from personal experience how difficult and risky it is to engage consultants to help with challenging change projects.
Our view on this is that we must make it as easy and painless aspossible for clients to work with us. Our aim is to understand the situation fully and to minimize the risk that comes from change initiatives. It all starts with a conversation.
Our approach to transformative change may be summed up with the following tenets:
- Practical, fast and low risk approach to analysis. Beyond a certain point, data is more of a hindrance than a leverage. Rapid Prototyping of Change provides the right insights about your organizational change-readiness. Testing the hypothesis in small doses is safe and incomparably cheaper than launching a full-on change initiative based on assumptions. Once assumptions are proved in practice, the change may be scaled up safely.
- We remain involved after analysis to help you implement the change. Charging a large fee for data crunching, producing a report and disappearing doesn’t belong to the new era of management consulting.
- We adopt to the organization as opposed to make your organization comply with methodologies. Each organization is different and must be approached accordingly.
Who can benefit from our services? Everybody: not only the C-suite and board of directors, but line and middle managers in all functional areas, as well.